Monday, October 6, 2014

Columbus Day
Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a restful weekend.  Don’t forget, next Monday there is no school in honor of Columbus Day!  The students have done a nice job on their biomes.  We will finish presenting them today, and they will be on display in the display case in the foyer of the school.  They will come home at the end of the week.
A representative from Robert Crown will be visiting tomorrow afternoon.  Then we will continue with the endocrine and reproductive systems this week in science/health.  This is a heavy week of math testing.  We have our chapter review quiz tomorrow, a chapter test on Wednesday, and a district common assessment on Friday.  We will have a review day on Thursday to help students answer any questions of which they’re not sure.  Please encourage your child to see me for help if they are not understanding something.  I am sending home a study guide with them today for them to review at home.
We are talking about the colonies in social studies as well as those who lived in urban and rural areas.  In computer lab, the students are also working on an individual colony of their choice, from the original thirteen.  We will have a chapter 6, lesson 2 quiz on Friday. 
I know the newsletter said to call and schedule conferences with your child’s teacher.  If you would like to email me at econstantopoulos@asd4.org and give me a day/time you’d prefer, I can easily get back to you and let you know if that time is available.  After this week, I will be sending conference sheets home with a conference date and time.  If you are not able to make the given time/date, please give me an alternative date/time.  With the size of the class, I don’t have many extra spots, but we will work something out. The direct number to my classroom is 630 628-4075. 
Have a good week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment