Monday, September 8, 2014

Front Cover

Happy Monday, or should I say Green Day!  For those of you who read this Blog, I hope to see you parents at our first PTA Meeting tonight at 7:00 p.m.  Also, this Friday, September 12, is early release day, meaning your children get out of school at 12:00 p.m., and there is no school for kindergarten students.  Lastly, Curriculum Night is Tuesday, September 16 from 6 – 7:15.  I look forward to meeting all of you!
This week we will continue with our read aloud of Wonder.  The students are enjoying this book, and some excellent conversations are taking place about the importance of how we treat and accept others and their differences.  We are continuing with decimals and place value in math.  I encourage you to remind your children that I am here to help if they should have any problems.  Asking me to stay after school to help with a confusing concept is something I’m happy to do, but they need to ask me.  We will have two Social Studies quizzes this week, one on Chapter 5, Lesson 1 and the other on Chapter 5, Lesson 2.  We will also be discussing what happened back on September 11, 2001.  In science, we are having a quiz tomorrow on the water cycle.  We will be starting to learn about biomes this week.  Please be on the lookout for more information about a project the students will be completing.  I would advise you to begin looking for an old shoe box you don’t need.  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment